Friday, July 9, 2010

My Sweet Girl!

For some reason I had a horrible headache today.  It got to the point where I couldn't even keep my eyes open.  I decided to lie down for a few minutes in hopes of some relief.  Since the girls were playing quietly in their playroom, I didn't say anything to them.  I figured, if they didn't know I was going to my room, they wouldn't follow me.  A few minutes after I closed my eyes, I heard little footsteps come into my room.  My first thought was that my rest time was over, but I was wrong.  My sweet little 4 year old quietly got into the bed next to me and started to rub my head.  I didn't even have to tell her I wasn't feeling well, she just knew.  I sure love that little peanut!

5 comments:

Robin said...

I know you meant rub and not run your head, but it's cute just the way it is. I think some children are particularly tuned in to that sort of thing. They are the people who tend to get jobs that require caring for others (on a real level). Teachers, ministers, doctors, therapists, rehab people, etc. There are so many fields that require a sincere love of people.

angela said...

That is so sweet! I would have definitely been prepared for an interruption when I heard the footsteps :)

Deb said...

Our GRAND-sons are like that with their Momma (our daughter). Being male, they'll probably grow out of it though...ha! Hope that made you chuckle!!

Bree said...

Ahhh. I love that, how adorable, they must have a good mom to know how to nurture back! LOVE IT.

Gina F said...

AWWW! She knew she had to take care of you as you do for her when she is not feeling well either. She is just returning the favor. How Sweet! :o)

Gina
motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com