Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Recipe Corner: Shortcut Lemon Cookies

I LOVE baked goods, but I LOVE lemon flavored baked goods even more. Sometimes you just don’t have time to bake an elaborate recipe. So that’s when these shortcut cookies come in to play. These lemon cookies are delicious and easy to make. I hope you give them a try. And don’t forget to contact me if you are interested in having your blog and your yummy recipe featured in a Fabulous Food Friday Post. Whether you bake it, sauté it, or just microwave it, send it in! Share your yummy food and you may find yourself with new visitors. Please email me directly if you are interested. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com ) Enjoy!


Ingredients

• 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon lemon extract
• 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

3 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

What a great idea!!! I've been on an "afternoon tea" kick of late, and these would be perfect ... :)

Liz Mays said...

Yes!!!!! I love the idea of cake and they would be so soft!

Diane Schmidt said...

I LOVE LOVE quick and easy! Sound good!