Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Recipe Corner: Three Bean Chili

On Superbowl Sunday, some friends and I are have a Chili Cook-Off!  I've been searching for the perfect recipe and ended up picking and choosing from a few different ones.  Now I know you should never go to a Cook-Off with a dish you've never prepared before, but I have faith that this combination of ingredients is going to be fantastic.  Now any of you coming to the cook-off STOP reading now! LOL!  No copying.  Do you have a favorite Chili recipe?

Ingredients

  • 6 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 onion,minced (You can chop them, but this way I can hide them from my hubby:)
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans in spicy sauce
  • 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
  • 4 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar hot salsa
  • 1/8 cup chili powder
  • 1/8 cup ground black pepper
  • 1/8 cup red pepper flakes
  • 1/8 cup ground cumin
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 2 pounds ground beef

Directions

  1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine garlic, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, black beans, diced tomatoes, salsa, chili powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer.
  2. While soup is heating, cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until brown. Drain excess fat, then stir beef into soup pot. Simmer, covered, until flavors are well blended, about 1 hour.

4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Yum! I love a good chili! I haven't made it in awhile, thanks!

Biz said...

Great BSI entry!! I loves me some chili!

Liz Mays said...

That looks so good! I've never tried it with hot salsa an dcumin. Sounds fantastic.

Renae said...

This sounds and looks yummy!