Here’s a little blurb from Sarah herself:
I am a writer and teacher who is also an Army Wife. I love cooking (and especially eating what I cook!) so thankfully I also love running. Some of my favorite days are Saturday mornings that include stopping to get some coffee, then shopping garage sales and discovering the treasures I can find. I love decorating on a thrifty budget. My blog has turned into a catch-all of sorts, where I talk about my marriage, life as a writer, cooking, and decorating. It's been so fun to get to know so many people through it though and get glimpses into the lives of others!
:::Homemade Granola Bars:::
3/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
8 oz plain yogurt
2 egg whites
2 T vegetable oil
2 T milk
2 t vanilla
1/2 c flour (can substitute whole wheat flour)
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
3 cups oats
1 c dried fruit
optional: chocolate chips
1. Combine sugars, yogurt, egg whites, oil, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Mix well.
2. In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to yogurt mix.
3. Stir in oats and fruit; add chocolate chips if needed
4. Spread dough on bottom of ungreased 13x9 pan
note: the recipe calls for a 13x9, but I feel like they come out too cake-y that way, so I spread them out on a baking sheet as much as I can; I like the thickness more
5. Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes
I love these because they are a such an easy healthy snack to have around the house! It makes the house smell sooo yummy!