Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chris Brogan Challenge : How I Use My Website

As I was sitting in a lonely hotel room, waiting for my husband to get out of work, I was searching the web for new ideas for my blog. During my search, I came across a guy named Chris Brogan, author of Social Media 101 and coauthor of Trust Agents. Mr. Brogan had made a list of 100 blog topics that he hoped “I” would write about. Many of his ideas fit me perfectly, while others I’m not really sure what they are. In all my boredom, I decided to challenge myself to write about all 100 of his topics. This won’t be easy, since some of the topics are a big question mark to me, but a little research never hurt anyone. Figuring in the fact that I don’t write real posts on the weekend, this challenge will be 100% successful if I complete it in 20 weeks. So let’s begin…Day Nineteen – Topic Nineteen (still writing)!

I use my blog in a variety of ways. I use it to reflect the type of person I am. I love to bake and cook, so I share recipes with all of you. I love trivia games, puzzles, and movies, so I share daily trivia questions with you. And I love trying new products (and winning them), so I share reviews and giveaways with you. The one thing that I feel is missing on my blog is personal posts. When I first started writing on my blog, I would include posts on things I was feeling or things that I had discovered or learned. However, since I started this Chris Brogan Challenge, I feel that I have stopped writing about things that matter to me. Sure I’ve learned new things about social media, but I missed opportunities to talk about other topics on my mind. Unfortunately, I just don’t have time in the day to write an additional post. I guess this was a good topic for me to stop and reflect on my writing. I will have to think about this more today and let you know what I decide tomorrow. In the meantime, for my loyal readers who have made it the bottom of this post, I have a little surprise. The first two followers that email me their favorite type of makeup, gets 15 bonus entries into the Orglamix giveaway. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com . What do you use your website for? Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I've struggled with my blog and what I use it for so I split it into 3 sections- homeschool, home life and writing. The problem is they are on 3 different sites, so I feel a little disjointed at times. One day I'll have my own domain and combine them:)

Jenelle said...

I've been trying to figure out how to set my blog up to have several different blogs in one like Kara. I am hoping to figure it all out soon. :)