Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Busy Girls

It never fails to amaze me at how very busy my girls are.  With their huge imaginations, it is very difficult for them to sit still.  They can create a game out of anything they can find near them.  The funny part is, more often than not, they aren't even playing with actual toys.  Last week, my youngest spent over 30 minutes just pouring beads from one cup to another.  The whole time she was singing happily like this was the best game in the world.  Yesterday, both girls played with a hula hoop and two chairs for an hour.  They pretended they were driving a car, riding on rides at Disney, and joining the circus.  What creative games to your kids play?  Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!

5 comments:

MollyinMinn said...

Yeah, it always kind of kills me to break down giant shipping boxes when they arrive because I know how much the kids love them. But then I remind myself how much I love not having them in my family room :)

The girls are so cute.

Rachel Cotterill said...

When I was a kid I loved cardboard boxes, and wrapping paper. Now it's my turn to watch the little ones: my Brownies don't even seem to need props, they can entertain themselves indefinitely just running around, dancing, and singing.

Amanda said...

My 3 year old's favorite pretend game lately is cooking. He likes to make me pancakes like his Daddy.

Colette S said...

Yes I find that kids will do with anything and such joy comes out and it does not have to be an expensive toy.

My kids will find everything to imagine with a box or boxes. It can be a hide cave, or tent or tunnel, you name it!

Kristen Andrews said...

my son has a vivid imagination and creates the funniest stories so cute