Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eight Question Tag

A couple of days ago, Robin from Your Daily Dose, tagged me on an eight question game.  If I understand the rules correctly, she asks eight people her questions, they answer, and then each ask eight people eight new questions.  It sounded like fun, so I thought I'd play along.  Here are the questions she asked:

1. What career would you choose for your own if you had all of the gifts (i.e. creativity, genius, dexterity, etc.) that went along with said profession?
                         I would be an author of exciting novels.  I would be able to share the millions of stories that swim through my head on a daily basis.

2. If you could travel back in time to observe what life was like in a specific time period in a specific place, when and where would you go?
I will admit I have dreamed about living in England during the early 1800's.  I am in love with all of Jane Austen's novels, and would love to be thrown in one for a week and act like a proper lady (which I am not:).

3) What is your biggest vice?
Cookies, brownies, or any baked good for that matter.  I thankfully have a little bit of self control or I would be gaining about 10 lbs. a week.  It doesn't help that all my lovely blogging friends are always sharing their delicious recipes.

4) Do you find yourself getting in trouble from speaking your mind too often or not enough?
No, I've never had that problem.  

5) Do you like your name? As an aside, do you know what it means? If so, just curious...
I do like my name.  My parents did a good job. :)   Kelly is an Irish name that means warrior or bright-headed.  It can also mean a type of green.  I don't think my parents picked it because of its meaning or descent.  I just think my  mom liked it.  

6) What do you like most about yourself?
I love my ability to work with children.  I was blessed with patience and what better way to use it than to teach children.  I've been working with kids almost my whole life.  I got my first job around the age of 15 as a gymnastics camp counselor.  From there, I became a gymnastics coach, then substitute teacher, teaching assistant, an elementary school teacher, and now a mom.  I just hope that with each child that enters my life, I can leave them with something that helps them grow to be a better person.

7) What is your favorite record? That would be a record as a whole and it cannot be a greatest hits album. It's not your favorite song, but the collection as a whole on a record.
Record?  What's a record??  Just kidding. My favorite album is Tim McGraw's, Place in the Sun.  There are not many albums that I enjoy the whole thing, but this was an exception.  Loved them all! 
 
8) What song, book, movie, tv show, short story, etc. comes closest to hitting you where you live? You heard it, read it, watched it and thought it could be describing my life. It is like it was written for me. If you don't know what I mean, maybe this will help. Don't forget to turn off my music player at the bottom of the page.
All I can think of right now is Jason Mraz's, Lucky in Love, or Tim McGraw's, My Best Friend. I have definitely been blessed to have met my best friend and to have fallen in love.  I know, mushy, but true.  Love you babe!

Now it is my turn to ask the questions and your turn to answer.  I would love to know more about all of you, so I'm not going to tag 8 of you.  I'm going to tag all of you.  Simply copy and paste the questions into the comment box and answer as many as you want. :)

1.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
2. What movie could you watch over and over again and never grow tired of?
3. If you were a contestant on Survivor, what one personal item would you bring?
4. What is your worst bad habit?
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
6. If money was not an option, where would you go on your dream vacation and who would you let tag along?
7. What is something that you must do every day (excluding oral hygiene:)?
8.  What is your favorite restaurant and what is your favorite dish there?


1 comment:

Robin said...

Don't forget to tag eight people for your questions. Loved YOUR answers!!!!