Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lion King Broadway Musical Tour

My family and I are huge Disney fans. Anything and everything Disney takes me to a happy place! One of my favorite movies is The Lion King and both of my daughters also love the movie. In trying to expand my daughters love for art, I have longed to take them to see the Lion King on Broadway. A trip to New York City with my young daughters is something I am not quite brave enough to do....yet.

When I found out the musical toured the US, I was just waiting for it to come to our area. I was very excited when our homeschool group planned a field trip to the tour in a nearby city. So, last week we made the 2 1/2 hour drive to the theater. My girls were very excited.



We arrived early on the very rainy day and made our way into the theater. Yes, they have merchandise for sale: shirts, programs, stuffed animals, etc. Of course, we can not pass by the merchandise area without making a purchase, since my girls love souvenirs. They always say they need something to remember the trip by...although I do keep ticket stubs and programs (just not their idea of a souvenir). They both ended up with a stuffed doll of Nala.

We made our way into the theater and found our seats. I was a little worried that my youngest would be looking for the cartoon characters, but that would not be the case. She was mesmerized with the entire show. The costumes and sets were breathtaking. The actors/actresses were phenomenal. Of course, the music is beautiful. We had to download the album when we got home and they continuously listen and sing along to it. I wish we could have taken pictures, although I doubt the pictures would have done it justice.

Maybe you have already seen the musical, if not, I highly recommend it. It was a bit on the pricey side, but we went to a mid-week matinee, so that did help cut the cost. It was well worth the trip and I would definitely go see it again. Does anyone have suggestions for other Broadway plays on tour that are a must see?

1 comment:

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

What a wonderful memory-making trip for you and your sweet daughters :o)

I love musicals, but haven't been to any in a very, very long time!

Blessings & Aloha!
(I have been trying to get back in the groove of my fav blogs to visit. I'd love if you get the chance to pop over and see my current post of our daughter's progress in their nursery). Hope you all are doing well!