Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Happiness


This world we live in is sometimes unbearable.  It offers pain and hatred.  It promises sickness and death.  But this world also has great beauty and wonder.  And through Christ, there is love and acceptance. 


We all struggle to find happiness in our lives.  However, it sometimes seems almost impossible to obtain.  We continuously buy things we think we need.  Things that most certainly will bring us joy. We surround ourselves with family and friends. If we are surrounded by those who love us, we can't possibly be sad.   But often times the smallest of problems can strip us of our ability to feel content, and the larger problems completely consume us.

We must choose to find joy in the world...in our lives.  (Psalms 92:4  "For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done, I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands.")   You are not finished in your journey.  God is not finish with you or this world.  Leave your ideas and plans behind.  Have faith that God's plans for you are perfect, even if you don't know the how or why. 

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses.  It is one that I come across often through reading books by Karen Kingsbury.  "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper
you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  When I find myself allowing my happiness slip away, I reread this verse and remember I am not in control.  When my chronic pain knocks me down and I'm not sure if I can get back up, I reread this verse and find new energy. As I struggle to find a new job and hopelessness sets in, I reread this verse and know there is in fact hope.  Do you struggle finding your happiness?  Are you feeling lost?

Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion! 




No comments: