Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Gaming Family

Gone are the days when video games were geared towards just the boys. My husband, of course, still owns some of the traditional shoot’em up games, but the majority of the games we own are family friendly. The Nintendo Wii has revolutionized the way we play video games. No longer are we confined to playing with just a few fingers. Wii has introduced us to a whole body gaming experience. Among my family’s favorites are Wii Resort, Wii Fit, Boom Blocks, and Dance Dance Revolution. Not only are these games fun (especially with a little added competition), but they also have the added exercise element that helps keep our family active. If you like to have game night with your friends, Kabooki would be a great game for you. Kabooki, a fun team game, is made by the creators of Cranium and shares many of the same categories.


If you have a PlayStation, Buzz is another great game to play with friends and family. Buzz is a trivia game that uses wireless controllers (included in the game package) to answer the questions. The numerous categories and humorous characters keep the game interesting and fun. Plus, if you ever do get through all the questions, you can simply download new categories from the PlayStation online store. Another family favorite for the PlayStation is Rock Band. Although Rock Band doesn’t seem like it would appeal to the female population as much as the male population, we love it. Rock Band is another PlayStation game that you can download new songs from the online PlayStation store. Adding country songs has definitely made it more appealing to my girls and I.


What gaming system and games are popular in your house? Do you love the competition or just the fun of it?


Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband is an XBOX freak. I don't even want to try and count the hours that he racks up playing it each week - scary thought! We recently got the Wii and have played Wii Resort (I like the Wakeboarding, Bowling and Table Tennis) and we downloaded the original Mario Bros. It's neat to play Mario Bros. just like it was yesterday. I feel like a little kid when I play it because it takes me back to those good ol' days :) I don't last long though. I can only play for about 30 minutes (of any game) before I am ready to move on to something else. As I send this posting to you the hubby is XBOXing!! Help!

Kel said...

You should have see my husband racking up his hours since he had last week off! Boys and their toys!!! :)

sjduke said...

Now I really want to play Kabooki. Pop 5 from Cranium is another favorite of ours.