Monday, April 26, 2010

Recipe Corner: Fast and Easy BBQ sausage


I’m always faced with days where I’m am running around like crazy and don’t have time to think of dinner. I have a handful of quick and easy dinners that are always on stand-by for those particular days. BBQ sausage is so easy to make and you really only need 2-3 things to make it. Hope you enjoy!  And don’t forget to contact me if you are interested in having your blog and your yummy recipe featured in a Fabulous Food Friday Post. Whether you bake it, sauté it, or just microwave it, send it in! Share your yummy food and you may find yourself with new visitors. Please email me directly if you are interested. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com )

Ingredients
- Sausage (I use Hillshire Farms horseshoe shaped Turkey Sausage)
- 1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Rice or baked potato

Directions
- Slice sausage and cook on medium high heat until cooked through
- If you are not using Turkey sausage, drain off the grease
- Add BBQ sauce and simmer on medium heat for 20-30 min.
- Meanwhile, cook your rice or baked potato
- Pour sausage over the rice or potato
- Serve with your favorite veggie and dinner roll for a complete meal!

6 comments:

Liz Mays said...

My son would diggety dig this!

Amy said...

Sorry I am not a pork fan but this does look amazing..

Kel said...

Amy - I don't eat pork either. I always use Turkey sausage for this recipe.

Anonymous said...

WOW that looks so yummy!! i will make it soon. please send that recipe to me or post it on here. my hubs loves cornbread but im not fond of it so i know he would LOVE it! thanks

Jacqui

Kel said...

I sent the recipe your way. Hope your family likes it!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

I do, please give me a share...

delicious post!