Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recipe Corner: Kettle Corn

Last weekend, my family and I decided to go for a walk downtown to find a wine festival going on. Since we don’t drink wine, we just walked around and checked out the other vendors. My kids found and fell in love with Kettle corn. So I went online and found an easy recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels

Directions

1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, stir in the sugar and popcorn. Cover, and shake the pot constantly to keep the sugar from burning. Once the popping has slowed to once every 2 to 3 seconds, remove the pot from the heat and continue to shake for a few minutes until the popping has stopped. Pour into a large bowl, and allow to cool, stirring occasionally to break up large clumps.

2 comments:

Pat Harris said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds so good. I always wondered what the difference was with kettle corn and regular. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. Thank you also for visiting junkblossoms. Hope you'll come back soon. Blessings, Pat.

Amberlynn said...

I. Love. Kettle corn.

I'm kind of addicted...