• 4 ears yellow or white corn in their husks
• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 lime, quartered
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- Pull back the husks on the corn and remove the silk. Pull the husks back into place and soak the corn in a large bowl of water for at least 2 and up to 4 hours. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, Essence, salt, and pepper until smooth. Pull the husks down and spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture evenly over each ear of corn. Pull the husks back into place, tying the ends if necessary to keep in place.
- Place on the grill and cook until the kernels are tender, about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the grill and carefully peel back the husks. Place on a platter and squeeze lime juice over each cob. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately.
Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning ):
• 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
• 2 tablespoons salt
• 2 tablespoons garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
• 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
• 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup