Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Pantry Crackdown

Now that summer is upon us and that dreadful bathing suit must make an appearance, it is time clean out that pantry. I have gotten away with not wearing a bathing suit in quite some time, but with the pool open and my husband at work, I guess I’m going to have to get in. So with that in mind, let’s start the cleaning. My weakness is baked goods. Breads, cookies, pastries…I love them all. So an easy fix for this weakness, is to just stop baking. So, the first thing I’m going to do is toss my sugar. Luckily, I really didn’t have much left so I don’t feel too wasteful. The only thing I ever use sugar in is baked goods. And without it, I can’t bake. The next thing that must go is the crackers! Boxes of crackers are not good to have in the pantry. I can’t just eat a handful of Cheez-its or Wheat Thins and be satisfied. I just munch on them occasionally throughout the day without even realizing it. So out with crackers and in with the Goldfish. This way my kids can still have a cracker treat that won’t tempt me. Thankfully, I never have chips or sugary snacks in the house because I don’t want my kids eating them. Since we’ve never had them, we won’t miss them.  What items are in your pantry that shouldn’t be? What is your weakness? How long could you give it up? Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!


2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Salty snacks get me, and carbs. I adore carbs!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

my weakness...kit kats, ferrero rochers, cupcakes... although I dont keep these in the pantry, thank goodness! or else, I would be in my pantry constantly! :o) With our kids grown, I find that I don't bake the sweets, unless it is Christmas time or if my hubby and I bring some in for our Bible study group.

We do keep fruits on hand and I do have popcorn, crisps with hummus for my snack attacks.

Blessings & Aloha!
(I wanted to stop by and say hello before my work week starts over again :o)