Friday, May 14, 2010

Fabulous Food Friday with Confessions of a Wannabe Baker

Welcome to Fabulous Food Friday! While exploring the blogosphere, I realized that there were many great recipes to share. So every Friday, I am going to try to feature an awesome blogger with their great recipe!
Today’s feature blogger is Angela from Confessions of a Wannabe Baker. When you get a chance to swing by Angela’s lovely blog, make sure to check out all her fantastic recipes. Today I will be featuring her Oreo Delight. Here’s a little blurb from Angela herself:


I am a busy nanny for the cutest 1 year old twins ever with a love for baking and cooking. I am by no means a professional baker, but I love being in the kitchen and I am always looking to try new recipes. I enjoy making and decorating cakes. I took one cake decorating class at Michael's and the rest is just practice and a little art training in high school. If I could afford it, I would start a business making and decorating cookie cakes. I am still trying to master the art of mailing them then maybe I can start selling them! My blog started out as an easy way to share my recipes with my family, and quickly became something I really enjoy. The only problem with having a baking blog is that I end up eating all the yummies, and that doesn't help my waist line. Which is why I am training for a half marathon. Got to keep the balance. :-D






Here is the yummy Oreo Delight recipe:

I found this recipe on the Make Life Delicious blog. When I was going through my saved recipes I noticed that everything I saved was chocolate and peanut butter, which is one of my favorite combination but I decided to keep looking for something different. This sounded good, and I was able to adapt it so that it was better for my grandfather who has diabetes (after all this was for father's day).

Ingredients
35 - 40 oreos
6 tbsp melted butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened ( I used reduced fat )
1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp cold milk
12 oz cool whip. thawed ( I used sugar free)
3 1/4 c milk
2 small pkg Jello chocolate instant pudding ( I used sugar free)

Directions
process cookies in food processor until crumbs form. ( I don't have a food processor, so I used a nut chopper, it worked really well... the magic number is 6 cookies)

Oreo Crumbs


As Tim Gunn would say "make it work" so I did



Mix in melted butter and then press into the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan. Refrigerate





Whisk cream cheese, suagr and 2 tbsp milk until blended, fold in 1 1/4 c cool whip.




Spread over crust
Beat pudding and 3 1/4 cup milk with whisk for 2 min. pour over cream cheese layer.
( I added some left over crushed oreos on top)



Let stand in fridge to thicken for 5 mins.
Cover with rest of the cool whip and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. ( I added more crushed oreos on top to make it look pretty)





My family really liked this, and I felt good eating it because it was relatively healthy. It was quoted as being "refreshing.".  This is definitely a new go to for desserts. A great summer treat!

9 comments:

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

That looks sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh my - I need to make that and I think I might just have all of those ingredients on hand :-) Woo Hoo!!!

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Oh i need some!
XOXO
Frenchy

Alissabeth said...

MMM....could use some of this right now! Stopping by from FF!

Jocelyn said...

haha! Most of the recipes I bookmark are pb and choc as well. This looks super delish!

Martha Lawson said...

Well, my husband is diabetic and this looks like a recipe he'd love. Going to copy it down and make it for him! Thanks

Liz Mays said...

If you say cream cheese, I will say yes!

Kel said...

Wish I could take the credit for this one. :) Stop by Angela's blog for more great recipes!

Alecia @ Savings and Stewardship said...

Happy Friday Follow ... on Saturday! I'm your newest following friend. I'd love for you to drop by my blog sometime & return the favor. I'd love for you to enter my giveaways too - Ladybug/ Bumblebee Hair Clips & Tutu (ends TONIGHT 5/15 @ Midnight) and giggle Guide to Baby Gear book (ends TOMORROW 5/16 @ Midnight) - low entries. Quick links for each can be found in the top right sidebar of my blog. Hope you're looking forward to a great weekend!

http://savingsandstewardship.net