Monday, May 10, 2010

Recipe Corner: Caramel Turtle Brownies

This is one of my favorite desserts! I love brownies, caramels, and pecans…So why not put them together?!? This is definitely one you’ll want to keep! And don’t forget to contact me if you are interested in having your blog and your yummy recipe featured in a Fabulous Food Friday Post. Whether you bake it, sauté it, or just microwave it, send it in! Share your yummy food and you may find yourself with new visitors. Please email me directly if you are interested. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com 

Ingredients

• 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels
• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
• 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
• 6 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 1/4 pound whole pecans

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
2. Unwrap caramels and place in saucepan with 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk. Melt over medium to low heat, stirring constantly.
3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining evaporated milk, dry cake mix, and melted butter. Stir until well blended. Spread half of this mixture in the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove brownies from oven. Sprinkle chocolate chips and drizzle melted caramels over the top. Drop remaining cake mixture by teaspoonfuls over all. Return to oven for 20 minutes. Garnish with whole pecans if you'd like.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My! You must come link up tomorrow to Tuesday Tastes!

Liz Mays said...

Chocolate and caramel together is my favorite combo in life!

Inspired2cook said...

I bet these are dangerous! Mmmm, chocolate!
http://www.inspired2cook.com

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Those turtle brownies sound just wonderful - a real treat! Thank you for sharing them.

Sela said...

Looks delicious! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday :)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

These look incredibly dangerous! Great for a get together though where you are not alone and tempted to eat the whole thing! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I really wish I could taste through this screen! Yummy! I am so glad you linked to Tuesday Tastes! I just put the People's Choice Award poll up on my sidebar, when you have a chance, come vote!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
www.crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

Bird said...

Are we allowed to lick the screen?! :)

Anything chocolate has my full attention!

Voting for you at Crazy Daisy!! :)

hugs,
Bird

Kel said...

Thanks Bird!