Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Recipe Corner: Cinnamon Toast

Do your kids love to cook? Here is an easy recipe that you can let them make themselves. It is a great snack that everyone can enjoy! And don’t forget to contact me if you are interested in having your blog and your yummy recipe featured in a Fabulous Food Friday Post. Whether you bake it, sauté it, or just microwave it, send it in! Share your yummy food and you may find yourself with new visitors. Please email me directly if you are interested. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com )

Ingredients
• 2 slices white bread
• 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

1. Use a toaster to toast the bread to desired darkness. Spread butter or margarine onto one side of each slice. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle generously over hot buttered toast.

6 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I used to put cinnamon sugar on my toast as a child. I put it on sooooooo thickly, but it was DELICIOUS!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

It sounds yummy!

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

We do this too! We even found a McCormick sugar and cinnamon mixture in a shaker at the store. Makes it so easy and less messy :)

Kristen Andrews said...

this looks yummy! Thank you for the awards, I do appreciate them!

Andrea said...

OH! Cinnamon toast is YUMMY! Try Peanut Butter toast. That is yummy too. My Gramps used to make me peanut butter toast every time I spent the night with my grandparents. Now, I can't have peanut butter toast without remembering my sleepovers with Grandma and Gramps and smelling his Old Spice.

Kyrstin said...

This is my son's favorite! He absolutely loves Cinnamon Sugar toast!! If I take a bite of his I usually have to make myself a slice or two also. :)