Friday, May 14, 2010

Chris Brogan Challenge : My Mother is On Facebook

As I was sitting in a lonely hotel room, waiting for my husband to get out of work, I was searching the web for new ideas for my blog. During my search, I came across a guy named Chris Brogan, author of Social Media 101 and coauthor of Trust Agents. Mr. Brogan had made a list of 100 blog topics that he hoped “I” would write about. Many of his ideas fit me perfectly, while others I’m not really sure what they are. In all my boredom, I decided to challenge myself to write about all 100 of his topics. This won’t be easy, since some of the topics are a big question mark to me, but a little research never hurt anyone. Figuring in the fact that I don’t write real posts on the weekend, this challenge will be 100% successful if I complete it in 20 weeks. So let’s begin…Day Fifteen – Topic Fifteen(still going)!


This topic doesn’t really work because my mother is not on Facebook. But at my age, I think it would be great if she was. I use Facebook to share little updates and photos with friends in my life. I have nothing to hide from my mother and would welcome her to sign up(you reading mom? ). I have a feeling this blog topic was aimed at younger folks with something to hide!  Is your mother on Facebook? Is this a good or a bad thing? Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!

4 comments:

Optimal Optimist said...

Hello and happy Friday! Great topic- I follow Chris Brogan on Twitter and he always has a lot of great things posted...
My mom is on Facebook and you'd think that as a "twenty-something" woman that I'd be opposed to this, but I'm really not. I don't put anything on FB that I don't want to be seen or that would portray an inaccurate image of me. I think it's kind of cute that my mom is on there connecting with her friends and she leaves me sweet little messages that make my day. So while she calls looking through my pictures "spying", I don't feel threatened by her online presence at all.
Hope you have a great weekend!
-Vanessa from Optimal Optimist

Optimal Optimist said...

Hello and happy Friday! Great topic- I follow Chris Brogan on Twitter and he always has a lot of great things posted...
My mom is on Facebook and you'd think that as a "twenty-something" woman that I'd be opposed to this, but I'm really not. I don't put anything on FB that I don't want to be seen or that would portray an inaccurate image of me. I think it's kind of cute that my mom is on there connecting with her friends and she leaves me sweet little messages that make my day. So while she calls looking through my pictures "spying", I don't feel threatened by her online presence at all.
Hope you have a great weekend!
-Vanessa from Optimal Optimist

Angela said...

Haha I love this topic. My mom just joined in March - part of her birthday present. I wasn't too excited, but not because I have things to hide, but just because it is weird to me. That being said, I joined facebook when only college students could get on. Then they opened it to high schoolers, and then to everyone. It was so weird for adults from church and other places to friend me. It took a while to get used to. But I am ok with it now. It really is a great way to keep in touch with people!

Teresa said...

Just stopped by from from Friday Follow to become your newest follower!

And, I just have to tell you that I am the MOM on Facebook!!! My daughter 16 and how embarrasing is this, when I check up on her and sign in, she gets the little messages in the box and I say, No this is her mom!!!

Oh I guess she is right, I am mean, huh?

Now that we are friends, I wanted to invite you to two of my blogs, Single Mom and Teenaged Girl and Society of Socialpreneurs!

On Society of Socialpreneurs, I just posted a calendar for 2010 Social Media Conferences for Women Bloggers all across the United States. You might want to take a peek!

We also have a blog directory that you can add your blog to and if you have a twitter or Facebook link, you can link it up also!

Free, of course!

Again, nice to "meet" you!

Have a great weekend!