Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Recipe Corner: Pumpkin Bread

I recently received a bread machine from CSN Stores (review to come) and I have been trying out many different recipes.  So far my favorite is this pumpkin bread recipe.  Of course, with everything I bake, I added more cinnamon.  If you have any great bread machine recipes and you don't mind sharing, I'd love to try them out.  I hope you all enjoy this one.


Ingredients
1/2 cup  milk
1/2 cup  canned pumpkin
1   egg
2 tablespoons  margarine or butter, cut up
3 cups  bread flour
3 tablespoons  packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon  salt
1/4 teaspoon  ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon  ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon  ground cloves
1 teaspoon  active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
Directions
1. Add the ingredients to the bread machine* according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the basic white bread cycle. Makes 16 servings.
Note
The bread machine pan must have a capacity of 10 cups or more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this looks delicious. I just made some pumpkin bread too and posted it on my blog. I heard from one of my followers that adding a tablespoon of buttermilk can punch it up. I tried it and I think it did make a difference. But everyone has their own spin and the all taste fabulous! Thanks for posting this and co-hosting the Tuesday blog hop for us all!

Unknown said...

Perfect timing! I have a recipe for pumpkin muffins that needs only 1/2 cup. Now I can make your recipe too! Safeway had pumpkin for over $3 a can! Too expensive to waste!I think it'll freeze nicely too.

I'll have to think about some bread machine recipes. I've made a few. Some came out too salty, but if it's bread, I eat it!