Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our Gingerbread Village

Every year we gather around the kitchen table to create our annual gingerbread house. Every year we have fun.  And every year it turns out great.   However, last year we ran into a few tears because someone didn't get to decorate the exact spot they had their eye on (Just a hint, it wasn't me:).   So this year, I was so excited to find a gingerbread village package.  The package came with 5 buildings, three colors of icing, and tons of candy and sprinkles!  My girls were so excited to decorate their own gingerbread house without any help.  Even my hubby got into it, giving his house a very special touch (any Red Wing Fans?).  
To put our village all together, I cut out a piece of cardboard and covered it with foil.  We then covered it with white icing, shredded coconut, and crystal colored sprinkles to get our Winter Wonderland!  My oldest daughter created North Pole's Candy Shop, my youngest created Santa's Toy Shop, my husband was in charge of the bakery and the reindeer's chalet, and I was lucky enough to decorate Santa's house.   Here are some pictures of the finished product.  Let me know what you think.
Toy Shop

Bakery

Candy Shop

Santa's and Reindeer Chalet

The Village


3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great Santa's Village!!! You all did a good job!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! Stopping by from Follow Me Back Tuesday to follow your blog. Beautiful gingerbread village! I think I only ever made a gingerbread house once in my life...and I think I was in my teens when I did it lol It's definately a wonderful tradition to start with your kids. :-)
I look forward to reading more on your blog!

Carrie A Groff
Living a Healthy Beach Life

Lorrie Everitt Studio said...

sooo cute. The girls must have had a blast making these. My sister in law made gingerbread cookies with my daughters last weekend while my husband and I were out of town ... they waited until we got home so that I could photograph them and see them before they started to eat them!