Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter Woes

I wrote about this topic last year when I had just started my blog, but now that I have so many new lovely readers, I'd love to hear your thoughts too.  My family and I dread winter every year. It’s not that we are bothered so much by the cold, or even the snow. What we dread each and every year is the dry skin season! Without fail, every November or December, red itchy patches of dry skin begin to form. We lather up with every “miracle” lotion available and pray for the promised results. I’ve even gone as far as sleeping with gloves on overly greasy hands. Yet somehow those tiny cracks still appear. Even the no-crack cream from Restoration Hardware (provided by my wonderful mother-in-law) couldn’t put a stop to the cracking. When our children were first born, we tried humidifiers in their rooms in hopes that a little added moisture might help. Sadly, the only thing the humidifier accomplished was ruining a few books.


I am sorry to say we have yet to find the solution that would make our winters more bearable. How many of you out there suffer from dry skin? How many of you have found your solution? Throw out your ideas and let’s cure those winter woes.

Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!

3 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Right before I read this, I was looking for a piece of wood that needed a good smooth sanding...cause I could use my sandpaper hands to do the job!!! :)...so, yes...my hands are soooo dry this time of year. I think this year worse than ever...could it be old age?!?!? Nah!!! HOPE you have a great day!

Liz Mays said...

We had a whole house humidifier attached to the furnace and it made a HUGE difference!

Paula said...

We swear by Cetaphil lotion. I also love Neutrogena's Norwegian hand cream.