Monday, May 9, 2011

Relay For Life Sponsor: Country Bob's




For those of you who follow my blog, you know how much I love cooking and trying out new recipes. When Country Bob’s generously mailed me two bottles of their All-Purpose sauce I couldn’t wait to try it out! Just opening the bottle and smelling the tangy sauce made my mouth water.  Country Bob’s All purpose sauce was created by Country Bob Edsen in 1968. His goal was to create the perfect steak sauce, but his perfected recipe is definitely for more than just steak. The first night I used my Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce, I made hamburgers. Now all of you lovely readers know that my children do not like to eat hamburgers. They usually split one, and getting them to finish it is a long and painful process. When I gave them the Country Bob hamburger, dinner started just like always….crying and whining that they don’t like hamburgers. What was different though, was after their first bite, I didn’t have to coerce them anymore. They ate the entire thing and even asked for more! Here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients

1.5 lbs ground beef
¼ cup Old Fashion Rolled Oats (or breadcrumbs)
¼ cup Country Bob’s All Purpose sauce
Extra sauce for the top
Cheese

Directions

- Preheat Oven or grill (Oven 400 degrees)
- Mix the ground beef, Oatmeal, and Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce in a large bowl.
- Form meat mixture into 6 patties
- Bake patties on cookies sheet with raised sides (to catch grease) for 20-25 minutes.
- Place patties on bun, cover top with sauce, place cheese on sauce to allow it to melt together


The second time I used my Country Bob’s sauce, the recipe was even easier. But it was just as delicious! Our second meal was shredded chicken smothered with Country Bob’s All Purpose sauce (I can’t wait to try this again with their BBQ sauce!). Here is the simple recipe I used:

Ingredient

1.5 lbs of chicken breasts
1 bottle of Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce

Directions
- Put chicken into a crock pot and pour an entire bottle of Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce over it.
- Cook on high heat for 5 hours
- Using two forks, shred meat and stir in sauce
- Cook on low heat for 1-2 more hours
- Serve over a baked potato, as a sandwich, or on a salad.


Don’t worry if my recipes don’t interest you. If you go to Country Bob’s website they have many more to choose from. You can find recipes that not only use their All Purpose Sauce (regular and spicy), but also their BBQ Sauce and Seasoning Salt.  My family, and most of my friends, are now addicted to Country Bob's delicious All Purpose sauce.  We have been using it for a year and won't ever go back to another brand.


Now that you are drooling and can’t wait to try Country Bob’s, I have some good news for you. The generous folks from Country Bob’s have donated TWO Gift Packs (contents shown above) to our Relay For Life Silent Auction.   If you just can’t wait to try it, you can purchase your own bottles from their website or from many local stores (including Wal-Mart supercenter).

Join Country Bob's and Our Other Fabulous sponsors in supporting Relay For Life!  Let's help the world Celebrate More Birthdays!  The Online Silent Auction will run from May 20th - May 26th.  All proceeds will go directly to the Relay For Life site and products will be shipped from our sponsors.  I HOPE to see you there!

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I really like their sauce a lot!!!! Very flavorful and versatile!

MDJ said...

This looks delicious! I found you on aquariann's Spring Blog Hop.

Deb McA said...

Just received the gift box from Country Bob's Relay for Life. Love the sauce but the cookbook is a joy and inspiration. Each recipe has a "We Believe" followed by a Bible verse. Food for the soul and body.