Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Recipe Corner: Key Lime Pie Martini (from allrecipes.com)

If you read Friday’s post on P.F. Changs, I forgot to mention the greatest drink I’ve ever had. The Key Lime Pie Martini they served tasted exactly like a pie. It was creamy, smooth, and I absolutely loved it. This recipe is not as good, but I have no idea how they made it. Give it a shot, alter it a bit, or just go find me the real recipe! Enjoy! And don’t forget to contact me if you are interested in having your blog and your yummy recipe featured in a Fabulous Food Friday Post. Whether you bake it, sauté it, or just microwave it, send it in! Share your yummy food and you may find yourself with new visitors. Please email me directly if you are interested. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com )

Ingredients

• 1 graham cracker, crushed into fine crumbs
• 2 lime wedges
• 1 1/2 fluid ounces vanilla flavored vodka
• 1/2 fluid ounce melon liqueur (such as Midori®)
• 2 1/2 fluid ounces pineapple juice
• 1 dash almond flavored syrup
• 1 cup whipped cream
• 1 cup ice cubes

Directions

1. Spread the graham cracker crumbs onto a small, shallow plate. Moisten the rims of 2 martini glasses with the lime wedges; reserve the lime wedges. Dip the moistened glasses into the graham cracker crumbs and set aside. Reserve the lime wedges and remaining graham cracker crumbs to use as a garnish.
2. Pour the vodka, melon liqueur, pineapple juice, almond syrup, and whipped cream into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into the rimmed glasses. Place a lime wedge on the edge of each glass and sprinkle the cocktails with some of the reserved graham cracker crumbs to garnish.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

That sounds delish.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Tara said...

Oh wow! That sounds so delicious! We just had a Key Lime pie last week! Tastes like summer!

Liz Mays said...

omg, omg, omg, that sounds delicious!

Kel said...

It is a must try!!!

Diane Schmidt said...

Oh that looks so delicious!!!!!

Daer0n said...

Hi there!
Thank you for following my blog, I am returning the favor and following you, you have a great blog!

Love this recipe, I am a pie lover, it looks soo good! I am sure my kids and husband would LOVE this :)
I always go to allrecipes.com for ideas as well, great site! Thanks for sharing!