Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Relay For Life in Pictures

I just wanted to thank everyone again for their support of our Relay For Life team.  My friends and I believe that Cancer Research is such an important cause to support and we are so happy that we were able to make a difference.  With your help, I was able to raise $658!  Together, our team raised over $3300!  And as a community, we raised over  $303,500!!!  Amazing! 

We all have our own reasons for working so hard to raise money for Relay For Life.  Last year, as a team we walked in Honor of our friend Lisa who had seemingly won her battle against this horrendous disease.  Unfortunately, this year we walked in Memory of Lisa who lost her tough battle just last month. 

We all have been touched by Cancer in some way.  At the Relay, we were able to light Luminaria's in honor or in memory of those who had suffered at Cancer's hand.  I walked in memory of my dear Granddaddy and my husband's Uncle Bob.  Both were tough men who fought with all they had.  My Granddaddy was a Colonel in the Army and fought in two wars.  He was brave and strong and taken from his Wife, Daughters, and Grandchildren too soon.  I, unfortunately, never had the pleasure of meeting my husband's Uncle Bob, but I know that he is dearly missed by my Mother-in-law and the rest of his family.
Luminaria in the bleachers
Our Memorial for Lisa

Our Campsite (Everyone had a Beach theme)

My Sister, friend, and I waiting for the opening ceremony


More friends

and more friends

Lisa's Luminaria

My friend's Amazing Mother's Luminaria

My Sister and I with our Granddaddy's Luminaria

Going around the track lighting the Luminaria

Still on our feet at Midnight!

No comments: