Thursday, September 22, 2011

Are You a Lurker?

A few weeks back I read a post about blog lurkers at Masshole Mommy that made me stop and think.  Most days I browse through my favorite blogs first thing in the morning or as I lay in bed before I go to sleep.  What I don't do as much I should, is leave comments to let them know that I stopped by or that I enjoyed their post.   Most times it is because I am reading their wonderful blogs on my iPad.  It make it easy to visit my favorite blogs wherever I am in the house, but it makes it really difficult to leave comments.   So in a sense, I am a blog lurker.  I am going to try to be better about leaving comments, but if you don't see my comment, that doesn't mean I wasn't there.

Are you a blog lurker?  Do you enjoy reading, but have a hard time remembering to comment?   Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a total lurker, I'll be the first to admit. I used to comment on so many blogs, but ever since having my third child I don't find the time that I used to...

I'm getting there--baby steps :)

Sari (Sx3inSC) said...

...yes... Lurker... love reading but just do not have the time to fill in all the required stuff to leave a "quick" comment..
Love your blog BTW :)

Unknown said...

I usually try to leave a comment, unless I totally can't relate to the what's being said or I'm in a hurry.

Sugar Bear said...

I have totally become a lurker Kel, but as you said, it in no way means I wasn't there..reading and nodding my head in agreement.
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one.
I read ya..I'm still here..lurking away! ;o)

Unknown said...

I'm guilty of it. Only because my son needs my attention from when he wakes up till he falls asleep. However if it is something that I really want to comment on or really enjoyed I bookmark it or email it to myself and comment when he goes to bed. That's why I'm usually up till 3 am!

Masshole Mommy said...

Lurk, lurk, lurk :)

smashbravo said...

Just passing by lurking when I saw this and had to comment..LOL. Totally do it all the time. Will also try to comment more often :)

Brenda H said...

I can be a lurker at times and other times not. I know when I see my stats, I wonder who all the nameless people are. Because of that curiosity, I try to say hi to a few people a day

Anonymous said...

Nope, not a lurker. Sometimes wish I was. And when I do leave comments, I really try for them to be relevant to the post. I do the same on blog hops. I don't just leave a "Hey I'm following you so follow me back" dealie.

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

I'm a lurker so I wanted to post and tell you that I love your blog!

BARBIE said...

I am guilty. I lurk here more than I comment. I must do something to change that. I promise!

Lisa - the Granola Catholic said...

a little bit of a lurker, sometimes I scroll through in my reader without even visiting.