Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Recipe Corner: Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins

If you saw my post a few days ago with the Iced Pumpkin Cookies, you know that I am ready for Fall!  I love everything about Fall: the weather, the food, the colors, etc...  Here is another one of my favorite Fall recipes.  This recipe combines two of my favorite flavors into one delicious muffin.  If you have a great Fall recipe you'd love to share on Between the Lines, please email me at betweenthelines-kam @ hotmail .com.  I hope you enjoy this one.


Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray or just use muffin liners.
  2. Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
  3. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.

4 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

OMG - YUMMMM! I love anything butterscotch. Great recipe!

Liz Mays said...

That combination of flavors is surprising, yet I think I'd like it!

Pat M said...

These sound quite yummy! thank you! I am a new follower from Fabulous Friday Food hop. Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/

Heather Nelsen said...

YUM!! Thanks for linking up! Have a great week! http://notesfromthenelsens.blogspot.com/2011/11/fabulous-food-fridays-blog-hop.html