Friday, May 21, 2010

Fabulous Food Friday with Little Bishop Chronicles

Welcome to Fabulous Food Friday! While exploring the blogosphere, I realized that there were many great recipes to share. So every Friday, I am going to try to feature an awesome blogger with their great recipe! Today’s feature blogger is Jaime from Little Bishop Chronicles. When you get a chance, swing by Jaime’s cute blog. You’ll love her funny and insightful posts. Today I will be featuring her Mammaw's Milky Way Cake.

 
Here’s a little blurb from Jaime herself:





My name is Jamie and I'm 31 years old with far too many gray hairs that seem to show up more and more each day. I'm a wife to an amazingly patient and forgiving man, and I am so thankful that God put him in my life. I have four incredible children whom we affectionately call the Little Bishops. Thus my blog name, Little Bishop Chronicles. Katherine is 9, Kaleb is 8, Abbey is 7 and Olivia is 4. As you can see, I had my first three back to back...three of them in just 2 years and 5 days. So there is a good dose of crazy going on in the Bishop household! Blogging is my way to express myself, share the funny things my kids say and do, whine and complain about things that annoy me (the list is endless!) and overall writing is the outlet for my incredibly sarcastic, high-strung self to stay sane!

Now for her yummy recipe:

Ingredients
• 8 regular Milky Way Bars
• 1 stick Butter
• 2 1/2 cups Flour
• 1 cup Walnuts chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
• 2 cups Sugar
• 4 whole Eggs
• 1 cup Buttermilk
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 2 teaspoon Vanilla
Icing:
- 3 regular Milky Way Bars
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 teaspoon Milk
- 1 1/3 cups Powdered sugar

Preparation
For cake: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Melt butter and candy bars; set aside. Beat eggs, one at a time. Add remaining ingredients and mix together. Fold in Milky Way bars and butter mixture. Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours in a 13x9 pan (you can also use 3-9" round cake pans).
For Icing: Melt candy bars and butter. Stir in milk and powdered sugar. Add additional milk if needed. Beat until smooth and spread on cooled cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

grabbed your button - adding it now!

Wired Whimsy said...

Oh my goodness... this cake sounds positively sinful! I must try it at once. lol

I have inquired about joining Blogmania! Thanks for the push in the right direction, Kelly!

Tiffany said...

Mmmmmmmm Milky Ways.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany