Friday, May 21, 2010

A Failed Challenge

I’m not one to usually quit a challenge, especially one I gave to myself, but I’m afraid that I have to bow out of my Chris Brogan challenge. I made the mistake of skimming the topic list and only really reading the top ten. I have just gone to get a new batch of topics from his site and realized that I was way over my head. The majority of the remaining topics focus on media marketing, social media, and working in a corporate business. I am unfamiliar with all of those topics and therefore my posts would be all research and no personal experience. So for the few of you who were following the challenge, I apologize for quitting. I just didn’t want to waste either of our times. After writing on yesterday’s topic, I realized how much I missed writing on the randomness of the day. I am excited to be able to get back to posting on topics that are important to me. Thanks for understanding! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Chris Brogan said...

You did a lot more than most people ever do, Kel. I'm very impressed. Thanks for doing as much as you have. I didn't want to comment on every one, because it seemed a bit self-serving, but I watched the entire time. : )

Kel said...

Mr. Brogan - I must say, now I'm even more embarrassed for backing out. :) I had no idea my little blog was even on your radar. Thanks again for the great topics. I learned a lot about social media by researching your topics. So even though, I had to bail, due to lack of knowledge and experience, at least I learned something in the process. If you ever come up with a list that has to do with teaching, mothering, or writing fiction, I'm your lady! ;) Thanks again!

Wendy said...

Kel,
You have nothing to be embarrassed about--you did an amazing job! (You even have Chris Brogan himself commenting.) However, I do admit that I look forward to the return of the "regularly scheduled programming":) I enjoy your blog!
I am also excitedly looking forward to being featured next Friday on Fabulous Food Friday! I went back and added a promo to my Food Friday's post! Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Wendy
Faith's Firm Foundation
www.wendygunn.net

Lanita @ A Mother's Hood said...

You haven't failed. You were merely "challenged.' It is good to be challenged...but not when it kills the fun and sabotages the creativity.

Kel said...

Thanks Wendy and Lanita for your encouraging words! :)