Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Julie and Julia

As I sit here watching Julie and Julia, I wonder how many of you can envision yourselves in Julie like I can. She is a perfect portrayal of the typical blogger (although she had more success than the typical blogger). I laughed as she got excited over new comments and when she looked half asleep but still determined to write. When I started my blog, I had no idea how big the blogosphere was. I thought it was a unique and ingenious venture that few embarked on. How surprised was I when I began getting followers? Followers who themselves had more followers than I could ever imagine having! But as I continued writing, I found myself loving that I had readers. Loving that people took their precious time to make comments. I remember the first time I received comments from people I didn’t know. I didn’t do a hand clap game like Julie, but I definitely picked up the phone and called my husband immediately. My dream, like Julie, was is to be a writer. I have started many novels and have even completed one. Of course, I happily put my writing aside to have my wonderful baby girls, but I am ready to make another go at it. Writing for you wonderful people has brought back my writing itch and I am determined to give it my best shot. Wish me luck and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Eve said...

I have yet to see the movie although I have read the book. Glad you've got your writers itch back! It is the saddest thing when you loose it. I have lost mine (since having my son) and am still finding it very hard to get the flow back. Which like you is why I started blogging, in the hopes to inspire myself some more. So far, no good. But I will not give up and I hope you never do either!

I'll keep my eyes out for you on the shelves ;)

Unknown said...

good you better start writing again because you are an AMAZING writter!!

Lanita said...

I did clap and jump up and down the first time someone commented that I didn't know...then I called my husband.

Jill said...

Comments are a blogger's lifeblood!

Marsha said...

Comments are awesome! I set aside a portion of my online time each day to visit blogs and comment. It might make someone's day.

Breanne @ Bella Vita said...

I have this movie coming from Netflix, and I can't wait to watch it! I think it might be waiting for me when I get home from work.

I can totally relate to the excitement over new comments and followers. I'm just getting going, picking up steam, so I relish every new participant in my little portion of the blogosphere.

Lisa said...

Comments are like a drug. I am addicted.

Marilyn (A Lot of Loves) said...

I've Julie and Julia a couple of times. I saw a lot of similarities between her character and myself too. Plus I wouldn't mind cooking Julia Child's boeuf bourginon!

Alely said...

i heart that movie. it was my inspiration to start the flickr project365 and incorporating that with blogging. i am dropping by to say thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate that. i am now your newest follower.

xo,
alely

Jen R said...

Good Luck! We have the same dream. I hope it comes true for both of us.

Remember "Julia Child wasn't always Julia Child" lol We can make it happen.

Messy Mommy said...

AWESOME! Best wishes on your venture. Hubby is always encouraging me to write a novel, but I just don't think I could pull it off. More power to you!