Friday, April 2, 2010

Recipe Corner: Whisky Chicken

This was a recipe I was a little hesitant about making, but I am glad I did. It a had the perfect mix of the sweet and spicy flavors to make it absolutely delish. Enjoy! (Unknown source)


Ingredients

• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 cup pineapple juice
• 3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions
1. Saute chicken in a large skillet over medium high heat until cooked through (no longer pink).
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic powder, pineapple juice, whiskey, pepper and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved and pour over chicken. Let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until sauce is thickened to taste.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks really good.

Cher said...

Sounds awesome! I make bourboun sausages, so this is right up my alley!

Stopping by to say Hi and Happy Follow Friday! Now following you! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!

Visit Mama’s Money Savers

Betsy (zen-mama.com) said...

This looks great!! I love finding new oriental style recipes.
Thanks!

Brandy said...

This looks amazing! Love your background :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Following from FF!

Brandy