Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Must Visit: Theme Parks

There are so many fantastic theme parks around the world. For anyone who knows me personally, they know that Disney World will always be my number one choice. If you visit Disney during the right time of the year, it is indeed as magical as they lead you to believe. A huge benefit of Disney World is that there are so many places to visit. Our family favorites are the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT, but you can also visit the Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex, Downtown Disney, Disney’s Boardwalk, and many wonderful resort and restaurant locations.

Universal Studios in Orlando is another must visit theme park. Universal offers their Studio Park, Islands of Adventures, and Universal City Walk. Universal Studios not only offers you an inside look at how movies are made, but also has fun rides and show for all ages. Islands of Adventure is absolutely the more exciting of the two parks. With their Marvel Comic Island, Jurassic Park Island, and their new Harry Potter World it is positively one you don’t want to miss. While Downtown Disney showcases Cirque Du Soleil, Universal’s City Walk features the Blue Man Group.

Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA is another must visit theme park. Busch Gardens has rides designed for children of all ages. From the Sesame Street themed area to the Big Bad Wolf Roller Coaster, there is something for everyone. For those of you who wish to walk around and enjoy the scenery, take a stroll through a French Village or swing in for a quick beer at Oktoberfest.

After surfing the net, I came across some other theme parks that look like tons of family fun. Take a look and see if you’ve ever been to any. Were they as fun as they look?


1. Dreamworld in Australia

2. Carowinds in North Carolina

3. Legoland in Denmark

4. Thorpe Park in England

5. Freizeitland Geiselwind in Germany

6. Cedar Point in Ohio

7. Sea World in Florida

8. Disneyland in California

9. Hershey Park in Pennsylvania

10. Holiday Word in Indiana

What other theme parks should not be missed? Grab a latte, put up your feet, and join the discussion!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

We took our boys to Disney in Orlando in 2005. Let me tell you we are still talking about it. They get the pictures out a lot and watch the slide video on the computer on the screen saver. It was a blast. The memories are priceless. Can not wait to go again.

Tiffany said...

I guess I am kind of sad, my kids have never been to any of these parks and I have only been to 2, cedar point and hershey park. Hopefully we can do Disney in a few years.

Tiffany
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

CaneWife said...

That's a pretty good list. From what I hear, Magic Mountain in Ohio is pretty awesome, too.

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure is my hands-down favorite.

Marsha said...

We went to Disney World in October 2009 and plan to go back in February 2010. We enjoy going in the off season because of the smaller crowds.

Kennywood Park in Mifflin, PA (near Pittsburgh) is pretty neat. They have an old wooden coaster called the Thunderbolt that is popular.

Erin said...

love Disney World and I can not wait to take my daughter there for her 6th birthday, its a long ways away but I am excited. We are going to disney land this coming winter!

I can not wait to experience it with my family!

Charity Adams said...

Not as big but I love Knott's Berry Farm in CA and Silver Dollar City in MO.

Messy Mommy said...

We're planning a trip to Disneyland next summer! I'm SO excited!

Kat said...

I have been to Universal and Busch Garden but have yet to set foot in Disney!!! I know, right...the one place that everyone needs to go at least once...I almost feel like I'm too old to go there now :(

Kel said...

Kat - You are never too old for Disney!!! :)

Rebecca said...

Oh there are sooo many others too! I for one will never take our kids to Disney b/c I don't feel it's values are quiet the same they use to be back in the day. I'm not bashing anyone who goes b/c I've been. It's just off our MUST visit family vacations. Water parks are always a blast too! We have 6 flags about 30 min away if we really get the urge to splurge.

Wired Whimsy said...

We are only an hour and a half away from Disneyland, so we go there often. But Disney World is my fave. We take the kids every three years. Our first trip was perfection, our second trip was in August so WAY too hot and humid for me. Our last trip was last summer, and I've gotta say, I think Disney quality has come down a couple notches. We came across SO many workers that we NOT friendly. It was a tad disappointing. However, I could totally live in the World Showcase at EPCOT... my favorite place in the world!

Kel said...

For those of you looking for smaller crowds and friendlier faces at Disney, go during the off season. We never waited in a line longer than 10 min and everyone was very nice and helpful! :)

star said...

I have been to Disneyland in California & Universal Studios Hollywood. Disneyland is awesome, we go every year!

Christy said...

Thanks for finding me on FF. I'm excited to follow you explore your site, AND your recipes!
I've been to Disneyland. It's a much smaller version of Disneyworld, but still magical, and a little bit more 'manageable' as far as a trip goes...not so much to do you could never do it all, and it was easier to navigate b/c it isn't on such a 'grand scale.' It's just amazing what Disney can do with their food, fun, and even their bushes (think Alice in Wonderland).

Elisabeth Marie said...

You are a member of the Disney Vacation Club? How does that work for you?

Kel said...

Elisabeth - We love the Disney Vacation Club! It has, of course, spoiled us. But we only have one vacation a year, so we figure that's ok. If you are interested, let me know and I can personally email you so more info.