Thursday, May 6, 2010

Recipe Corner: Chili Dog Casserole

I know this recipe lacks a certain appeal, but it is something that I can get the entire family to eat. If you have a family of picky eaters, this recipe may make them happy. Enjoy! And don’t forget to contact me if you are interested in having your blog and your yummy recipe featured in a Fabulous Food Friday Post. Whether you bake it, sauté it, or just microwave it, send it in! Share your yummy food and you may find yourself with new visitors. Please email me directly if you are interested. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com )




Ingredients

• 8 hot dog buns
• 8 hot dogs
• 1 (15 ounce) can chili
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
• 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Tear up the hot dog buns and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly. Slice the hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns.
3. Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped onion, then spread some mustard over the chili and the onion. Top off with the cheese.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Is it wrong of me to say this actually sounds really good? ;o) I'm going to try it sometime....I'm sure it'll fit nicely on my diet! Thanks for sharing. ;o)