Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recipe Corner: Rainbow Sherbet Cake

Today is my baby’s 6th birthday! She is not a big fan of cake, so we usually try to do some alternative. This recipe, from allrecipes.com, looks like the traditional cake, but she enjoys it so much better! I hope you like it! And don’t forget to contact me if you are interested in having your blog and your yummy recipe featured in a Fabulous Food Friday Post. Whether you bake it, sauté it, or just microwave it, send it in! Share your yummy food and you may find yourself with new visitors. Please email me directly if you are interested. (betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com )




Ingredients

• 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
• 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
• 1 pint raspberry sherbet, softened
• 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
• 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed


Directions

1. Slice angel food cake crosswise to make four layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate, and spread orange sherbet evenly on top. Repeat with remaining cake layers and raspberry and lime sherbets. Finish with final layer of cake. Frost sides and top with whipped topping, and place in freezer for 1 hour, or until firm.

5 comments:

Tree said...

Happy birthday to your little girl!! This looks DELISH!! My hubby and kiddos love sherbet!

You should stop by and add your recipe to my Tasty Tuesday meme for this week! :)

Andrea said...

I think that I am going to try this with just the orange, but I am gonna mix some cool whip in with the sherbet every layer. I am thinking "Orange Julius Cake". Mmmmm....Perfect contribution to Mother's Day brunch this Sunday. Thanks for the idea!

Pamela Scott said...

there is an award for you over at my (place) blog...

mountains-to-climb said...

Following you back from my post! I know this isn't your FF but I think your cake looks delicious!

Kel said...

Thanks everyone!