Monday, March 1, 2010

Recipe Corner: Delectable Hamburgers

For those of you who enjoy a good burger, this is the recipe for you! Whether cooked outside on the grill or baked indoors, this burger is juicy and delectable! Do you have a mouthwatering recipe you would like to recommend? Shoot me an email at betweenthelines-kam@hotmail.com  and I can post it for all to enjoy!


Ingredients
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs or Oatmeal (my favorite)
• 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (a little more if you want an added kick)
• 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced

Directions
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties. If mixture is too moist add a little more bread crumbs or oatmeal.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done. (Inside: Bake on 400 degrees for 20 min or until well done.)

6 comments:

thegreengirl said...

Can I sub whole milk for evaporated?

Kel said...

If you did, it may be a bit runnier. So you may have to add more bread crumbs. Some people like to soak the bread crumbs in the milk first. I've never tried it that way though. I hope you enjoy them!

Lisa said...

These look so yummy! I'm hungry now.

Marice said...

that looks really yummy! thanks for sharing :)


from FF! Feel free to visit me here:
Life Can't Wait and Up Now and What's Next

thegreengirl said...

Very good! I just used a little less milk and I actually used turkey too, it's just what I had on hand but the whole family ate every last bit, thanks!

Kel said...

Glad they liked it! Did you use bread crumbs or oatmeal?