Friday, March 5, 2010

Recipe Corner: Sugar Coated Pecans

Pecans are a great snack just as they are, but this little change is great when you are looking for a little variety.

Ingredients
• 1 egg white
• 1 tablespoon water
• 1 pound pecan halves
• 1 cup white sugar
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.

3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.

4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

7 comments:

MommyB said...

Yum those look delicious!

tweezle said...

WOW! Thank you for posting this. We usually buy these once or twice a year as a huge treat since they are so expensive. They look so very, very easy to make. I'll have to try them!

Again, thanks so much for posting.
Tweezle from Just One More Paragraph
PS... I found you through Follow Me Fridays. I love your blog so much I am now a follower :)

Kel said...

I agree that it is much better than spending $5 on a little bag! I hope you all enjoy!

Everything Mom and Baby said...

Yum! Happy Friday to you as well!
Thanks for following;)
http://everythingmomandbaby.blogspot.com

Rachel Cotterill said...

These look great :) My dad made some sugared almonds at Christmas which were amazing, and I keep meaning to try something similar myself.

Here to return the Follow Friday :D

Anonymous said...

Those looks so good! I love pecans!

Night Owl Mama said...

These sounds so delicious I love PEcans!! Now following you ;)