Thursday, March 4, 2010

Recipe Corner: German Currywurst

I was so excited when I found this recipe and even more excited when I ate it. It brought back so many memories of the time we spent at our favorite pool in Germany. I just recently told my sister about it and couldn’t find it, but here it is. Enjoy!

Ingredients
• 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
• 1 pound kielbasa or sausage
• 2 tablespoons chili sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 pinch paprika
• Curry powder to taste (start with a tsp and work your way up)

Directions
1. Cut meat into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices.
2. Pour tomato sauce into a large saucepan, then stir in the chili sauce, onion salt, sugar, curry  and pepper. Let simmer over medium heat, occasionally stirring; bring to a gentle boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer another 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook kielbasa sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through. 
4. Pour tomato sauce mixture over sausage, then sprinkle all with paprika and curry powder and serve.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so amazing!! you have to make me some!!! PLEASE!! :)

Haddock said...

This is something I must try out.

Kel said...

Just come on over! ;)